The GE PST1-1 Power Sensor Test Set is a portable unit designed to facilitate on-site testing of Types AK-25/50/75/100 and AKR-50 low-voltage power circuit breakers equipped with the Power Sensor solid-state over current trip device. The PST 1-1 offers improved performance on source voltages below 115 Volts. Its operating range is 105-125 Volts, 60 Hertz.
The PST1-1 is designated to:
1. Check current pick-up at the various level settings adjustable on the front escutcheon of the Power Sensor Logic Unit.
2. Check the time current characteristics of the long time delay bands. These are selective as maximum-intermediate-minimum on the front escutcheon of the Logic Unit.
3. Test the Logic Unit as a separate item, independent of the breaker and its current sensors.
4. Test the combination of Logic Unit, Power Supply Unit, Magnetic trip device and associated control wiring while installed in a de-energized breaker. The Power Sensor Trip Device will trip a closed breaker during this test.
5. Check load carrying by applying 0.8 per unit of setting for sufficient time. (500 seconds for minimum time band.)
6. Check time delay bands of the short time and ground fault elements.